Assistant professor or associate professor in the field of ITALIAN LINGUISTICS
Department of Romance Studies, Faculty of Arts, Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic
Deadline: June 2, 2018
Start date: September 1, 2018
The Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Palacký University Olomouc hereby invites applications for the selection proceedings for the post of assistant professor or associate professor in Italian linguistics.
Department of Romance Studies
The department includes courses in the Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese languages and literatures. It is is among the most productive departments in the Faculty in the field of research and is singular for its cosmopolitan character and international collaboration. The Department offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Italian and a Ph.D. programme in Romance Languages and Romance Literatures.
Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts is the largest UP faculty. Its twenty-one departments offer more than 600 combinations of humanities, social, linguistic, and arts degree programs. The Faculty of Arts provides a liberal approach in arranging one’s own curriculum, a personal approach to students, and development of individual skills. An open space for discussion is promoted and creative thinking is welcome.
- Ph.D. in Italian Linguistics, Italian Philology, or similar;
- respectable publication activity in the discipline;
- research quality and innovation;
- undergraduate and postgraduate teaching experience;
- prerequisites for successful habilitation to become associate professor no later than within 5 years. The habilitation criteria include one research book different from the Ph.D. thesis, min. 20 articles/book chapters (among them min. 3 in journals indexed on WOS, Scopus or ERIH), min. 20 quotations of candidate’s publications;
- native or near-native fluency in Italian;
- experience in project writing is welcome.
- full time academic position for two years (with the possibility of its extension);
- modern working environment;
- 40 days of holiday and additional benefits
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of work experience
- documentation of attained educational qualifications
- a letter of motivation
- a list of publications
- contact details of two referees
The submission date is June 2, 2018.
Please submit your application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The most promising candidates will be invited for a job interview in the beginning of June 2018.
For specific questions about the job content contact email@example.com.
For general questions about the Italian Centre contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For formal and organisational questions contact email@example.com.